₹73,963.00 total sales by spending ₹22,708.33 within the first week of launch
As the wedding season was arriving for the year 2020 and the number of covid cases was at the peak, most makeup artists had to pause their business.
While one such makeup artist during this period decided to take up the challenge of teaching makeup online by creating her own makeup course at ₹1,999/-
To get as many sales as possible for the INR 1999/- makeup online course
Developing a strategy to achieve the goal:
To drive in sales for the online course we broke the necessary steps to be taken into 4 ways
1. Perfect the offer that will be provided for the course
2. Create a user friendly and optimized landing page
3. Finding & analyzing the best-fit audience for the course
4. Creating ad copies & graphics that gives high rates of engagement & conversion
1. Perfect the offer that will be provided for the course:
As the course was priced at INR 1999/-, according to Indian standards the price was a bit towards the higher end. Hence we decided to add massive bonuses that would justify the price of the course.
The bonuses included products that would complement the course like ‘Diet plan for glowing skin from a certified dietician’
We created total 6 high-value bonuses including access to a private Facebook group
2. Create a user friendly and optimized landing page:
It was important to have a fast landing page, hence we decided to skip the WordPress landing page and instead created a landing page using HTML with AMP landing page builders
For the landing page video, the client had already shot and edited a high production video covering every aspect of the program
Since the course was a 4-day course hence we added details of what will be provided each day inside the course
To build more trust in the landing page, apart from the ‘about us’ about the trainer we also added images of her work on the landing page
3. Finding & analyzing the best-fit audience for the course:
Before partnering with our agency the makeup artist was running webinars where at the end she would pitch about her course and sell people using the Instamojo link.
We collected the data of all the previous customers of the course and created a lookalike audience from it.
Lookalike audience of purchased customers is the best audience to get results from with Facebook ads.
4. Creating ad copies & graphics that gives high rates of engagement & conversion:
Ad Type 1 – Facebook traffic ad with landing page view optimization:
After analyzing the makeup niche on the internet with Google we realized that there are 2 major reasons why one would learn makeup. One was to learn makeup by themselves on their own and the other reason was to become a professional makeup artist.
Hence we decided to go with these 2 ad angles for the ad copy & ad graphics for the Facebook traffic ad
Ad Type 2 – Retargeting ads with conversion ads objective:
We created 2 types of retargeting ads
1. Testimonial compilation ad:
Testimonials are an important source for any type of info products, especially online courses. We collected some testimonial videos from some of the previous clients and create a testimonial compilation video with a call to action at the end to enroll now for the course
2. Last few spots remaining ad:
We created another ad reminding people that they need to enroll soon as we are closing enrollments for the course soon
With an INR 3000 daily ad budget for the landing page view ads and INR 800 daily ad budget for the retargeting ads we were able to get sales at a low customer acquisition cost of ₹613.74 and deliver total sales of ₹73,963.00 with an ad spent of ₹22,708.33 within the first week of launch
Cost per lead is a major metric to track when it comes to Facebook lead ads, the lower the cost per lead the better we will be able to have profits.
In the following case study, a preschool brand was looking to get more franchisees for their preschool business with Facebook lead ads
To get leads at a low cost as much as possible of people who are interested in starting their own preschool in their locality as a franchise with an investment starting from 3lakhs
Developing a strategy to achieve the goal:
Apart from tier 1 cities starting a preschool also quite a profitable business to start in tier 2 & tier 3 cities with a very low investment.
Keeping that in mind instead of targeting the entire country with a single ad we decided to test out in 3 adsets with 3 ads with different language in each
1. English – For south Indian & northeast & east states which include Andhra Pradesh, Assam, Kerala, Manipur, Meghalaya, Karnataka, Nagaland, Odisha, Tamil Nadu, Tripura, West Bengal, Sikkim, Arunachal Pradesh, Mizoram, Goa, Telangana
2. Hindi – For Hindi speaking states which include Gujarat, Haryana, Himachal Pradesh, Jammu and Kashmir, Punjab region, Rajasthan, Bihar, Madhya Pradesh, Uttar Pradesh, Chhattisgarh, Jharkhand, Uttarakhand
3. Marathi – For Marathi speaking state i.e Maharashtra
The Hindi & Marathi ad gave a high amount of leads at a very low cost per lead compared to the English ad